5 Cigars That Will Prove You Are A Man

by Jesse on February 3, 2008

Alright, you’ve smoked a few Swisher Sweets with your buddies or the occasional Macanudo on the golf course. Now it is time to prove that you are truly a man. The following five cigars will most likely take your sorry butt out back and call you Mary, but if you can take them you’ll be rewarded with an amazing smoking experience.

1. La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel

la-flor-dl-maduro-400

La Flor’s website even warns you to consume a massive steak dinner prior to lighting this bad boy up. This cigar is a full bodied masterpiece and probably the strongest cigar to come out of the Dominican Republic. $65.50 a Box

2. Camacho Triple Maduro

camacho-triple-maduro-400

Just looking at this cigar can make your blood run cold. If cigars were the mafia the Camacho Triple Maduro would be the hitman. Even though it has a bold look the flavors are smooth and cool and then BAM! He’s popped a cap in the back of your head. $198.00 a Box

3. EO 601 Blue Label Maduro

eo-601-blue-400

This cigar is a succubus, it seduces you. The flavors are absolutely wonderful and even though you know the results you keep going back for more. While I find all of the 601′s to be full strength cigars, this lady is probably the strongest. $188.00 a Box

4. San Cristobal by Ashton

san-cristobal-fabuloso-400

Know that wimpy Vanilla Cinnamon Decaf Latte your girlfriend ordered. This cigar has those same complex flavors, except the waitress slipped in enough espresso to keep an elephant up for six weeks. $208.95 a Box

5. Oliva Serie V Ligero

oliva-serie-v-figurado-400

This cigar has a poker face that could bluff a pair of deuces into a winning hand. It starts out smooth and easy to smoke and burns slow. Slowly that light headed feeling creeps in but you keep thinking you can take it. Next thing you know you’re calling your wife to wire you some cash before the hospitality guy named Brutus takes your kidneys as payment. $116.99 a Box

Please vote for this story on Digg, Propeller, Reddit or Stumble it!

dandyman February 3, 2008 at 10:01 am

Ever go to a Thai or Mexican restaurant where they put the little peppers on the menu to indicate the spiciness of the dish? Ever find yourself looking at the plates with 4 or 5 peppers in bright red and the label, “Need Manager Approval” and thinking they’re taunting you, “Go ahead tough guy, I double dog dare you to order this dish.” Well congratulations Jesse, you just achieved the same result.

Daniel February 3, 2008 at 10:02 am

Those cigars will certainly put some hair on your chest. Good picks, all of them!

Damsel February 3, 2008 at 2:59 pm

Hold up!

I know I’m a unique woman and I absolutely love a challenge! Having said that, I can handle each of those cigars reviewed – and have done so! Here’s a woman’s taste – Camacho Triple M – loved it, like a chocolate bar – smoking one today as a matter of fact; Oliva – you’re on the nose with that one – slow and easy, and then it hits you; San Cristobal – sweet and complex, glad you confirmed my taste on that one! the 601 – smoked one yesterday, good cigar and it wasn’t too harsh! La Flor Dominicana – its not my favorite, that might be just a bit strong but I have one in the humidor!

and funny thing is, I don’t think I’m sprouting any hair on my chest!

As usual, great reviews Cigar Jack!

Damsel…

Daniel February 3, 2008 at 3:56 pm

I’d hope not, Damsel!

Tom Martin February 4, 2008 at 10:29 am

I’ll smoke those cigars before breakfast. Well, not all 5 before breakfast, then I would have to stay up all night.

PatioPaul February 4, 2008 at 10:39 am

5 of my favorites! Great list Jesse. I say we take down the big 5 Tuesday! You up for it brother!

Go Giants!

Adam Snider February 4, 2008 at 11:03 am

Is this a challenge? Because, it sounds like a challenge.

St. Jimbob February 4, 2008 at 12:21 pm

How about a “Stock up on T.P. before smoking” ratings?

Nice list, inspires me to do something similar…

Jesse February 4, 2008 at 12:59 pm

Alright Paul let’s sit down Tuesday and smoke all five of these. :)

Dylan Autin February 4, 2008 at 10:58 pm

That second one I heard will put hair on your chest!

jeff winton February 5, 2008 at 11:41 am

nice list! there’s a couple in there i haven’t tried yet (the operative word, “yet”)….

BCS February 5, 2008 at 12:34 pm

Waiting for the San Cristobals to arrive today!!
oh yeah!!

Jesse February 7, 2008 at 2:53 pm

I think you’ll really enjoy those BCS, they are amazing smokes.

J.Lazy January 1, 2009 at 10:45 pm

you left out the lito gomaz.that stick knocks me to the ground even on a full stomach.also the antano forgot the brand name.

Dave January 8, 2009 at 2:11 pm

mmmm.. I do love that chisel. That is one tasty cigar. I am proud to say that I have had almost all of these (need to try that San Cristobal) and I survived. Makes me feel like a cigar badass. :)

-Dave

Dan Brown February 23, 2009 at 12:05 pm

The San Cristobal sneaks up on you. I was fine until I stood up after I finished. I ended up in bed shortly thereafter feeling a little queezy. I had a Diamond Crown No. 4 Maduro at the local B&M and it hit me pretty strong too, kinda surprised me. A good cigar though, with impeccable construction…

Rick R September 15, 2009 at 1:08 pm

You really consider the 601 blue that strong? The 601 Green I found the strongest followed by the 601 Red. I’d replace the 601 Blue with the Green label above.