What will you smoke during the Super Bowl?

by Daniel on January 29, 2009

My team, the New York Giants, won’t be in it this year, so I won’t be smoking anything too special. How about you?

L2H January 29, 2009 at 8:54 pm

For me the SB is not a day for meditating on the flavor profile of a cigar.
It is a day for eating snacks, drinking beer, and enjoying a smoke with some friends that may or may not really understand what a cigar can be.
It isn’t going to be too cold here in Northern Nevada, but I don’t think we get to smoke inside. And I’ll be giving out a bunch of freebies, so I’m going to dig out my little cigars.
Some Old Fashioned 2nd of Macanudo Chicos, and some Joya de Nic Machitos.
But, then again, maybe a Party Short for me!

Syrinxx January 30, 2009 at 12:19 pm

I’ll be taking a herf-a-dor with about 10 low price sticks for my friends and me to enjoy. Some Cu*Avana, Victor Sinclair and Tierra Del Sol smokes.

Jason January 30, 2009 at 1:15 pm

I’ll be the only smoker attending so I’ll probably have a DPG JJ or 601 blue. Nothing too fancy.

Steve H. January 30, 2009 at 4:18 pm

Being from Pittsburgh it will either be a Monticristo White Label or a Dutch Masters…….

Chip January 30, 2009 at 5:40 pm

My local B&M of choice is doing a Rocky Patel tasting, So a Decade or a Renaissance will probably be my choice. They both made my top 5 so it’ll be a great day regardless of who wins.

Daniel January 30, 2009 at 6:43 pm

I think I’ll go for a Punch Gran Puro. Solid smoke, nothing too special.

Tommy Zman January 31, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Jack you bastid…how the hell are you?! We haven’t talked since Vegas.

I too am a longtime Giants fan and still have fond memories about last year’s BIG VICTORY!

It’s like 20 degrees in north Jersey and I’ll be relegated to the garage during halftime as I can’t stomach Bruce Political Activist Stringbean.

I’m loving the Camacho Legend Arios. I think that’ll go well with the spicy chili and wings.

Stay in touch, CJ!

- Zman

Patrick A January 31, 2009 at 11:52 pm

Since I’ll be watching the game at a cigar-friendly bar with plenty of smoking buddies, I’m going to bring plenty of Cuban Crafters Cabinet Selection Chairmen. These are big smokes (6 x 60) that I predict will pair well with hot wings and beer. Besides, given the cold temperatures, I need to fire up large smokes on the rare occaisons I’m indoors.

Scott Cunius February 1, 2009 at 12:50 am

I am going to smoke a La Flor Double Legero Oscuro 700 for the first half. I think I will sipping some Fonseca Porto as well. I like the full smoke with the sweeter port. For the second half I am going to open the flood gates and light up a barn burner full bodied, screamer, Cabao Torpedo. Everyone who buys one of these at the shop says these are heavy, and really spicy. I agree. I will drink a Ginness with this and have a burger. (Cabao comes from 601)

Micahel Bulger February 1, 2009 at 9:35 pm

Me and My family will be enjoying an assortment of Joya de Nicks Gran reserve. Also some Monte Cristo platinum series and La Auroa Preferidos with the ecuadoer wrapper in the robusto size. accompanied by some of the Glens and my favorite Jameson. Cardinals eat sheeeeeeet

LOU March 29, 2009 at 8:20 pm

Im into mild cigars that go great with Grey Goose and Cranberry with lots of ice. Makes the Super Bowl much more Super. big lou

Tony April 17, 2009 at 8:32 pm

My cards didnt win but ill def smoke a bolivar belicoso to their historic season. check out my blog its new but the pics are pretty cool. http://www.cohiba-cigars101.blogspot.com/